This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a seasoned fundraising professional looking for a flexible and part-time working arrangement within a close-knit creative and dynamic team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to 4 days per week.
The Senior Development Manager/Head of Fundraising (dependant on experience) will have the overall responsibility for Justice Centre Hong Kong’s fundraising strategy to raise vital funds for our direct services and programmes to protect refugees, survivors of torture, human trafficking and forced labour in Hong Kong.
Justice Centre Hong Kong is an independent, non-profit, organisation working to protect the rights of Hong Kong’s most vulnerable migrants – asylum seekers, refugees, victims of forced labour and human trafficking. Justice Centre provides free legal, psychosocial and welfare services for our service users, as well as education programmes.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with meticulous attention to detail who has experience in fundraising strategies formulation and implementation, donor acquisition and retention, writing successful bids and managing a portfolio of donors/clients.
Applications are welcome from candidates who have a background in sales and marketing, NGO or corporate fundraising and grant-writing. Experience in event management and communication would be seen as further assets.
Monthly salary ranges between HK$20,000 to 30,000, on 4-days-a-week basis. Some evening work may be required, but compensated through Time Off in Lieu (TOIL). Generous annual leave, MPF and private health insurance are also provided.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities:
Senior Development Manager/Head of Fundraising will manage the Fundraising team and report to the Executive Director to deliver a resource mobilization strategy that supports the development of Justice Centre Hong Kong. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Developing and implementing medium term fundraising strategies (i.e. 2-4 years) to support the financial sustainability of the organisation;
- Developing and managing donor relationships with organisational donors, foundations, corporate donors and individuals;
- Managing and overseeing fundraising campaigns and events;
- Developing concept notes, presentations, grant applications and associated budgets for submission to potential funders;
- Assembling and analysing grant information including project plan, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, and evaluation plans;
- Managing and reporting any funding updates due on grants or as requested by funders, including coordinating inputs from the services teams;
- Being an ambassador for the organisation to positively engage more fundraising opportunities and promote the organisation;
- Use Justice Centre’s CRM system to log all grant and donor-related information as part of an effective donor relations management strategy.
Key skills and qualifications
- Significant experience in one of the following roles in either the NGO or corporate sector: marketing, advocacy or policy-writing, fundraising or grant-writing;
- University degree from a recognized institution;
- Proven track record of acquisition and retention of supporters/clients or funds raised.
- Strong writing, editing, presentation and relationship management skills, including the ability to engage with senior-level stakeholders and corporate partners;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and resourceful problem solver, with a strong attention to detail;
- Well-connected and expert networker;
- Organised project manager with strong planning, budgeting and financial management skills
- Knowledge of the forced migration and/or refugee protection field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment to 4 days per week (during office hours, some evenings may be required).
- Eligible to work in Hong Kong. Please note we are unable to sponsor a working visa for this role
- Knowledge of spoken and written Cantonese is highly desirable.
- Experience of refugee protection and working with the NGO/not for profit sector an advantage.
- Use of CRM databases such as eTapestry;
- Knowledge of the corporate and philanthropic sector in Hong Kong.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail your CV and statement of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior DM/Head of Fundraising” by 11:59pm on Friday, 20th May 2022