This is a part-time role, reporting to the Development Manager and the Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer. The Donor Relations Officer will work closely with the Executive Director, Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer, Board of Directors, Development Manager and donors to build and execute Justice Centre’s donor communication strategy and positive relationships with individuals interested in the mission and vision of Justice Centre.
The Donor Relations Officer will also be responsible for the fundraising events held by Justice Centre throughout the year.
- Work closely with Justice Centre’s senior management team to develop and implement effective donor communications strategies with a focus on multi-year unrestricted funding; sustain and grow the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations, and convert one-off donors to regular donors and regular donors to major donors.
- Design, document, and implement a systematic and integrated donor relations programme.
- Capitalise on networking opportunities to maintain and grow existing relationships with donors, sponsors, and partners, while also working to expand our community engagement, find untapped resources, and recruit new champions for the organization.
- Design and deliver visually compelling outputs for engagement with targeted audiences.
- Work with the Development Manager and Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer to contribute to fundraising campaigns.
- Work with the Community Outreach Officer and the Development Manager to assist with several donor engagement events per year; identify effective ways to respond to social distancing guidelines; drive fundraising events by coordinating sponsorships, logistics, catering, RSVPs, attendance, etc.
- Develop, plan, and manage donor cultivation and fundraising events, monthly giving programs, direct mailings, etc.
- Manage donor accounts in eTapestry database and follow up with payment processes, generate queries and reports for analysis, generate reports on a regular basis to track progress of fund development efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Development Manager or Senior Advocacy & Communications Officer as required.
- Participate in organization-wide initiatives, such as events, planning days, work-planning.
- Assist with day-to-day management of interns when required.
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent field
- Demonstrated communications skills in a wide variety of areas including digital, media, branding and marketing skills
- Demonstrated technical experience in graphic design, infographics, website management, social media platforms, and email distribution software
- Strong English and Cantonese verbal and written communication skills for different audiences at different levels, and ability to explain complex issues in an appealing and concise way
- Demonstrated knowledge of current and relevant fundraising techniques, industry best practices and standard operating procedures for fund development and donor relations
- Project management, budgeting skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Previous experience in the area of non-profit work or communications
- Understanding of refugee rights and human trafficking
- Familiar with eTapestry or other CRM systems
- Permission to work in Hong Kong
- Previous experience working with vulnerable groups
How to Apply
The full job descriptions are available HERE .
The closing date for applications is 6pm on 20th May 2022.
Please email the completed application form and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Donor Relations Officer”.