Development Manager (Grants & Corporate) is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a seasoned fundraising professional looking for a flexible and part-time working arrangement within a close-knit creative and dynamic team. Ideally, we are looking for someone who can commit to 3-4 days per week.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with meticulous attention to detail who has experience in donor acquisition and retention, writing successful bids and managing a portfolio of donors/clients. The scope of the role is flexible according to the skills and experience of the successful candidate and their availability. Applications are welcome from candidates who have a background in sales and marketing, NGO or corporate fundraising and grant-writing.
Some evening work will be required, but compensated through Time Off in Lieu (TOIL). Generous annual leave, MPF and private health insurance are also provided.
The Development Manager will work closely with and report to the Executive Director to deliver a fundraising strategy that supports the development of Justice Centre Hong Kong. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Preparing grant proposals by helping to develop the framework, researching background and needs analysis, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals.
- Assembling grant information including project plan, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, and evaluation plans.
- Managing and writing all reporting due on grants, including coordinating inputs from the services teams Managing a portfolio of accounts by maintaining relationships with current donors (family foundations, international funders) through regular and accurate communications and reporting.
- Contributing to a pipeline of new grants to long-term funding (3-5 years) by identifying new funding opportunities and managing a portfolio of new grant applications.
- Securing corporate giving by identifying potential donors, producing concept notes and presentations to pitch to potential donors.
- Use eTapestry to log all grant and donor-related information as part of an effective donor relations management strategy.
Input into Justice Centre’s social media and promote Justice Centre using own professional social media handles.
Key skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in one of the following roles in either the NGO or corporate sector: marketing, sales, fundraising or grant-writing;
- University degree from a recognised institution;
- Proven track record of acquisition and retention of supporters/clients or funds raised;
- Strong writing, editing, presentation and relationship management skills, including the ability to engage with senior-level stakeholders and corporate partners;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and resourceful problem solver, with a strong attention to detail;
- Well-connected and expert networker;
- Organised project manager with strong planning, budgeting and financial management skills;
- Use of CRM databases such as Salesforce;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English;
- Right to work in Hong Kong; and
- Commitment to 3-4 days per week (during office hours, some evenings may be required).
- Knowledge of spoken and written Cantonese is an advantage.
- Experience of human rights and working with the NGO sector an advantage.
- Knowledge of the corporate and philanthropic sector in Hong Kong.
Applications will close on 12 June 2021.