Purpose of the Position
Justice Centre is seeking a Communications Officer to be responsible for developing and implementing marketing, communications and media strategies to realise its mission. You will be a dynamic and experienced communications specialist who thinks outside of the box to identify creative ways to garner support for Justice Centre’s work and further Justice Centre’s policy agenda. You will be detail-oriented and strategic, to ensure that our work is well-communicated and consistently presented.
- Coordinate and manage the production of all Justice Centre’s communications in line with the Justice Centre brand, including: newsletters, social media, website, general information leaflets, event marketing materials, policy materials, and annual reports.
- Manage any work planning, recruitment and staffing for communications projects.
- Maintain relationships with local and international media outlets and journalists, draft press releases and statements, keep abreast of news and scout media opportunities, brief staff and service users for media interviews and act as media spokesperson when required.
- Develop key partnerships and liaise with photographers, videographers, designers and printers to support the organisation’s communications and media strategies.
- Implement a proactive and reactive, purposeful media strategies to influence policy and public opinion on refugee and human trafficking issues. Network with and brief journalists, be the key contact for the media, draft press releases and statements, keep abreast of news and scout media opportunities, brief staff and service users for media interviews and act as media spokesperson as required.
- Design and disseminate high-quality communication materials for the purpose of Justice Centre’s policy work, to build Justice Centre’s credibility and galvanise action, both on and offline, for Justice Centre’s areas of concern.
- Manage, update and maintain Justice Centre’s online presence, including the website, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and twitter pages
- Support efficient and creative fundraising through all of Justice Centre’s communications in collaboration with the Head of Fundraising & Development.
- Lead cross-organisational project management of communications work.
- Develop communications protocols and guidelines for staff to ensure appropriate and consistent organisation-wide responses
- Contribute to developing the organisational strategy, networking with strategic partners and the whole-of-office initiatives.
- Represent Justice Centre at events and external relations engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising & Development
- Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, Marketing or equivalent field, with at least five years’ working experience in communications
- Demonstrated communications skills in a wide variety of areas including digital, media, branding and marketing skills
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills for different audiences at different levels, and ability to explain complex issues in an appealing and concise way
- Strong Cantonese verbal and written communication skills for different audiences at different levels, and ability to explain complex issues in an appealing and concise way
- Project management, budgeting skills and attention to detail
- Flexibility, ability to multi-task, prioritise and work under pressure
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- High computer literacy
- Previous experience in the area of non-profit work
- Understanding of refugee rights and human trafficking
- Permission to work in Hong Kong
- Previous experience working with vulnerable groups
The salary for the Communications Officer is HK$20-25,000 per month (commensurate with experience) + benefits, including medical and dental insurance.
Please e-mail your CV, statement of interest, references and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Communications Officer’ by ‘4 October 2019.
Unfortunately, due to the high level of interest in our organisation, we are only able to reply to shortlisted applicants.
The information requested will be used only for the purposes of assessing your suitability for the role advertised.