The Assistant Legal Services Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, legal and coordination support to the Legal Services Team and the Social Welfare Team in order to ensure services are provided in a professional, sensitive and efficient manner. You will be responsible for assisting with the design, upkeep and refinement of our working systems.
- Demonstrable excellent organizational and communications skills;
- Cordiality and diplomacy;
- Willingness to learn and develop new skills;
- Multicultural sensitivity and ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds and across varying language barriers;
- Ability to work independently whilst being a good team-player;
- Demonstrated literacy in Excel, basic data entry and Outlook;
- Fluency in verbal and written English; and
- Legal right to work in Hong Kong.
- Fluency in Cantonese.
- Fluency in another language such as French, Arabic, Somali, Urdu, Hindi, Sinhala or Bangla would be a considerable asset.
- Experience working with vulnerable people in a professional setting.
You will benefit from this opportunity to gain experience of client facing legal work under close supervision from our expert team of internationally qualified refugee lawyers; the chance to learn more about refugees in Hong Kong, and to contribute to rewarding human rights work.
Salary and Benefits
This is a part-time position with a salary commensurate with experience. Generous annual leave, MPF and private health insurance are also provided. Right to work in Hong Kong is essential.
How to Apply
Please refer to this document for the full job descriptions and the application form.
The closing date for applications is 6pm on 28th August.
Please email the completed application form directly to [email protected] with the subject line ‘Assistant Legal Services Coordinator’.
Unfortunately, due to the high level of interest in our organisation, we are only able to reply to shortlisted applicants.