This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a seasoned fundraising professional looking for a flexible and part-time working arrangement within a close-knit creative and dynamic team.
The Development Manager will play a key role in contributing to Justice Centre Hong Kong’s ambitious strategy to raise vital funds for our direct services and programmes to protect the rights of refugees, survivors of torture, human trafficking and forced labour.
We envision Hong Kong as a fair and inclusive society where even the most marginalised enjoy fundamental rights and access to justice. Justice Centre Hong Kong is an independent, non-profit, human-rights organisation working to protect the rights of Hong Kong’s most vulnerable migrants – refugees, victims of forced labour and human trafficking and survivors of torture. Justice Centre undertakes evidence based research which is used in advocacy to strengthen the rule of law in Hong Kong. We envision an inclusive, just society where people from all countries of origin enjoy dignity, human rights and access to justice in Hong Kong. Justice Centre is not affiliated with any religious or political organisation and does not receive any government funding. Justice Centre provides free legal, psychosocial and torture rehabilitation services for our service users, as well as capacity building for wider civil society regionally.
We enable our clients to access their rights through legal and psychosocial support, policy, advocacy and research.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual with meticulous attention to detail who has experience in donor acquisition and retention, writing successful bids and managing a portfolio of donors/clients. The scope of the role is flexible according to the skills and experience of the successful candidate and their availability.
Applications are welcome from candidates who have a background in sales and marketing, NGO or corporate fundraising and grant-writing.
This is a 3 day/week part-time position with a competitive NGO salary commensurate with experience. Some evening work will be required, but compensated through Time Off in Lieu (TOIL). Generous annual leave, MPF and private health insurance are also provided.
Job Requirements / Responsibilities:
The Development Manager will work closely with and report to the Head of Fundraising and Development to deliver a fundraising strategy that supports the development of Justice Centre Hong Kong. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Manage a portfolio of accounts by maintaining relationships with current donors (including family foundations, international funders and trusts) through timely, regular and accurate reporting.
- Secure grants to garner new long-term funding (3-5 years) for advocacy and core service delivery work by researching, identifying and applying to apply to potential grant bodies.
- Support individual regular giving by promoting Justice Centre Hong Kong’s online giving platform, and by working with the wider Fundraising and Development team to produce and disseminate communications and materials which encourage individual giving and fundraising events by individuals.
- Use Justice Centre’s CRM system to log all grant and donor-related information as part of an effective donor relations management strategy.
- Input into Justice Centre’s social media and communications and promote Justice Centre using own professional social media handles.
- Support Project Managers in the timely implementation of funded projects and regular and accurate data collection.
- Support the wider Fundraising and Development team to create and deliver online fundraising appeals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Fundraising and Development and/or ED
Key skills and qualifications
- At least 5 years’ experience in one of the following roles in either the NGO or corporate sector: marketing, sales, fundraising or grant-writing;
- University degree from a recognized institution;
- Proven track record of acquisition and retention of supporters/clients or funds raised.
- Strong writing, editing, presentation and relationship management skills, including the ability to engage with senior-level stakeholders and corporate partners;
- Self-starter, highly motivated and resourceful problem solver, with a strong attention to detail;
- Well-connected and expert networker;
- Organised project manager with strong planning, budgeting and financial management skills
- Use of CRM databases such as Salesforce;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Commitment to 3 days per week (during office hours, occasionally evenings may be required).
- Knowledge of spoken and written Cantonese is an advantage.
- Experience of human rights and working with the NGO sector an advantage.
- Knowledge of the corporate sector in Hong Kong.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please e-mail your CV and statement of interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Development Manager” by 11:59pm on Thursday 28 February 2019.