Refugee? Asylum Seeker? Torture, CIDTP, persecution, protection claimant? CAT? USM? Non-
Confused? We can help.
We are Justice Centre Hong Kong
We used to be Hong Kong Refugee Advice Centre
Over the past seven years, our experienced staff have provided life-changing services to over 2,000 refugee men, women and children.
Justice Centre Hong Kong is an independent, non-governmental organisation – we do not receive funds from the Hong Kong Government.
We provide FREE, independent high-quality legal information and assistance with protection claims to ALL people going through the Unified Screening Mechanism, in your own language, where possible.
You do not have to have used our services before.
We run Group information Sessions and Drop-In hours for protection claimants on:
- USM1: How to apply – Information for all claimants about how to make a claim to Immigration for protection in Hong Kong under the Unified Screening Mechanism (USM).
- USM2: How to prepare – Information for all claimants about what to do and what to expect during the time after you have made a claim to Immigration.
- USM3: Appeals and Judicial Reviews (JRs) – What to do if your USM claim has been rejected by HK Immigration and/or the Torture Claims Appeal Board.
- Know Your Rights – Information for all claimants about your rights in Hong Kong, including your rights in relation to immigration, the police, food, housing, health care, education, employment, getting married and having a family.
- Immigration Options – Immigration options other than the USM, including dependent visas, voluntary repatriation, immigration to other countries, and leaving Hong Kong.
You can reserve a place at an information session by calling 3109 7359 between 9:30am and 6:00pm daily.
Please note, our information sessions are for people seeking protection only.
At the USM group information sessions, we explain to you how you may be able to obtain one-to-one assistance with your USM claim. You must attend a group information session first. For more information on User Rights & Responsibilities, please click here.
If you have comments or suggestions about our services, you can discuss them with our staff. If you would like to make a formal complaint, you can e-mail email@example.com.